Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: union activism

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 15:47:11 PDT

On this subject I must admit that I was born into a union family.
I have always belonged to the association and to the union when
I had a real job. Our local NEA and the district have had very a
good working relationship for years now. Of course right now they
must divide the meager crumbs that the state gives us. The
biggest shame is that only about 1/2 of the teachers in the district
belong. It's hard to bargain with one hand behind your back.

The first meeting I attended 26 years ago they talked about kids
and education, I knew right then I was in the right place.

                        Union forever, Woody in KC

This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: