Re: number of classes

---------

From: Laura Carey (carey_l_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 09:30:15 PDT

I agree with showing this letter to people complaining about Union Dues. I
have a contracted 30 minute lunch also (Without students) and contracted
240 minutes of plan time a week...(Because I am elem. and that can get
sticky). But I do have 8 35 minute classes 3x a week and 9 35 minute
classes 2x week.
For now my room is near a restroom in both of my buildings, but next
school year we are opening all new buildings...neither elementary has
restrooms on my end of building, except in PK/K room...but who wants to
use theirs...my kids will take the whole period to walk to restroom. UGH!

I am just becoming very active in our Union lately...and have met several
art teachers from across the state who are also active...pretty neat!
Good Luck!

---