Re: Question on veneer projects

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 06:36:48 PDT

I've never worked with veneer or thought of working with it. You said it
may look like a fake papyrus. I did a really fun project with 5th grade
once on real papyrus. They created paintings on a sheet of papyrus. The
project was called the "20th Century Book of the Dead". The imagery was
Egyptian, including hieroglyphs of their choice. They looked at Gods and
Goddess pictures, scroll paintings, etc. and painted their own figure in
Egyptian style and costume, but they made them do something totally
contemporary, such as being in an aerobics class with a boom box on the
floor plugged into a wall. Or roller blading, etc. They were precious
and you had to do a double take because they looked so authentic. Thought
you might enjoy this idea.

---