Re: Need an example of an "Anticipatory set"

---------

From: bonnie dill (bonniedill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 20:02:34 PDT

During an anticipatory set, you need to address three things: A statement of your objective (Today, we are going to learn how to make a mountain fold in origami.); Relate the learning to past or future learning,(The mountain fold is similar to the "hot dog" fold you have used in other classes.); and Involve the learners (Who can show us how to do the "hot dog" fold?) All of these three things should be covered in a minute or two. The set helps students to be prepared for what comes next.