re:number of classes

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 12:36:13 PDT

lindacharlie wrote "next time i hear someone complaining about union dues, i
plan to give them a
copy of colette's message. we, in michigan the birthplace of labor unions (i
think), have all that stuff ironed out in our contracts"

Collette is in North Carolina where, although our professional association
is referred to as a "union" it has little power other than the power of
persuasion. In NC, state employees do not have the right to collective
bargain or strike (and, I believe, can be jailed if we do.) Linda in NC

---