Re: Excellent Free packet from the National Gallery of Art--email address bounces back

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 12:18:19 PDT

I know you all must think "that idiot Marcia didn't copy the URL correctly!" Honest, everyone, that's the URL that was printed in the letter. I also tried to email them to thank them and also ask for packets to give away as door prizes for our Kansas state art conference this fall. Like you, my email message was bounced back to me.

Try calling (202) 842-6270 Susan Witmer, Coordinator, Art Around the Corner

or Write her a note: Susan Witmer, Coordinator, Art Around the Corner, Education Resources, National Gallery of Art, Washington DC 20565

After emailing you all I had the chance to sit down and really study the Teacher's Guide. The packet is designed for 5th and 6th grade classroom teachers to integrate art into language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, and drama. However, there is no reason that the art teacher can't do the reverse and integrate all thaose subjects into the art program. We're all trying to do more of that. In our district every teacher is supposed to incorporate reading, writing and problem solving into their programs. I'm sure I must have signed up for this packet at the Museum Exchange at the NAEA conference in Miami.

It really is a beautiful packet--twenty 11 X 14" prints and teacher's guide with lesson plans, assessment rubrics, reproducible sheets. Sorry the email didn't work, but I think you'll be glad if you take the time to write a letter or call.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Marcia

---