number of classes

---------

From: A msg from Colette (emeraldeyes64_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 06:00:39 PDT

For teachers in NC. I am a first year teacher and I have a question about
scheduling. I don't have a problem with the number of classes I am teaching
in middle school. I have 6, 44 min. classes a day. But then this week, I
was given 2 writing classes, 44 min each 2 days a week. That means I teach
6 classes a day Mon, Wed, and Fri. and 7 classes a day Tues and Thurs. My
problem is that I don't have a break or a planning period between classes.
I have to be in the hall for the 4 min. between classes. And, I actually
have to take my 6th period class to lunch, eat with them and then take them
outside for 5 min. Then we go back to class to finish our period. Isn't
there some sort of law in NC that says that you have to at least have a
bathroom break at some point?? Also, can they really expect me to teach a
writing class. I don't have any experience in that area. If you don't have
an answer for me, how would I find out?
Thanks,
Colette