Re: Calligraphy-Elementary, smart fifth graders?

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 17:08:15 PDT

i'm going through messages that i saved between last spring and now (i KNOW
i'm slow!) and came across this one from ginny. my question is, if you don't
use dip pens with india ink, what DO you use! i inherited about 20 bottles
of india ink with my job. is it still good? maybe i can just pitch it and
have some storage space for something else?

linda in michigan

on 4/2/02 9:28 AM, Virginia Rockwood at wckdstpm@megatrondata.com wrote:

> After teaching calligraphy for a bazillion years I just read that permanent
> inks should be avoided for use with dip pens. Apparently, permanent inks
> (this means india ink) contain a varnish .....We use concentrated watercolors
> for ink now.

---