RE: Mexican bark painting

---------

From: Jackie (jackilope13_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 19:59:41 PDT

> I have done Mexican bark painting and used brown sacks and have used =
> brown paper from the large rolls. We wrinkle it up first before drawing =
> and painting.

I do the same thing, then water down black tempera paint and paint over
the crunches torn sacks to give it the bark look. I have the students
sketch out flowers, birds, and animals and paint with pressed tempera and
then add extra details and accents with fluorescent tempera towards the
end of the lesson.

Crizmzac Supplies has a nice unit on this subject that you =
> can order from them. It comes with a video, posters and lesson plans. =
> You can even order a real painting from them at very reasonable prices.
> Bergie
> =20
>
> Renee Berg=20
> 6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech=20
> Mitchell Public Schools=20
> Mitchell, SD=20

BTW, Hi Renee! It's great seeing a familiar face here!!!!! (I just
discovered this place a week ago!) :-)

Jackie from Sioux Falls

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C24584.A2091730--

---