Re: a bus!

---------

From: Jeanne (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 18:53:21 PDT

> Here's one for all you hippies out there -

I don't remember if it was on this list that I found a video reference to "Wild
Wheels"-a video abpout all kinds of wild cars decorated in everything from
junque to paint. I've used this video with HS'ers, but watch out-some of it is
a bit racy-and some inappropriate language. I knew where that was so just fast
forewarded --yesss they groaned. We did a design process in 3D after a study
about form and function. They loved it.!
When teaching el art, I had a lot of stinky old tempera. I turned my 3rd
graders loose on my kids beater. Only restrictions were the saftey stuff, like
windows and mirrors. They had to make a design that was compatible with teir
neighbor's little section of the vehicleIt was a gas! My children were
thoroughly embarassed as I drove it till the rain washed it off. By thet time
my teenagers had completely disowned me......Ah yesssssssss, Payback is so
rewarding sometimes.

Have fun,
Gelato

---