Excellent FREE packet from the National Gallery of Art!

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 17:14:39 PDT

Dear Art Teacher friends of mine,

Just one more reason why it pays to go to the NAEA and your state conference!

Today when I arrived home a gorgeous packet from the National Gallery of Art was waiting for me in my mailbox. I quote:

Dear Teacher:

You asked to receive a copy of the National Gallery's curriculum packet Art &: A Teacher's Guide to Lessons and Activities for Fifth and Sixth Graders. Here it is, hot off the press! I hope you will put it to good use.

This packet contains twenty color reproductions and four lessons designed for fifth and sixth graders: "Greek and Roman Origin Myths," "Heroes and Heroines," "Art and Ecology," and Nineteenth Century America in Art and Literature." Lessons are tied to curriculum standards in English Language Arts, Geography, History, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Theater and Visual Arts..........

If you know fifth or sixth grade classroom teachers who would benefit from this packet, please have them contact the Gallery's Department of Education Resources by calling (202) 842-6270, writing Education Resources, National Gallery of Art, Washington DC 20565, or emailing extprog@nga.gov

I hope this resource adds a new dimension to your teaching, engages students and inspires critical thinking.

Sincerely,
Susan Witmer
Coordinator, Art Around the Corner

Enjoy!--Marcia