pine needle basket examples on our website

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 08:35:59 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Margaret Jones" <myj@starband.net>
> Thanks, so far it is going well. The hardest thing for the students is
> getting the center started. Of course the janitor is screaming about the
> mess, but that's art. It is a good beginning of school project as we are
> getting new students regularly and they can catch up quickly.
> Margaret in GA

Hi, Margaret. You can check our school art webpages and see some examples of
pine needles baskets I did 2 years ago with 7-8th graders.

The neatest thing about the whole project was going just outside our
classroom and a short walk down the path to get our own needles to soak,
wash, and use for the baskets. Toodles.....Bunki

---