RE: The be all end all of ELEMENTS & PRINCIPLES

---------

From: Melissa (meemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 21:36:04 PDT

I love the poetry out there. Thanks for your help.
I'm going through the same thing. Guess that's how we stay motivated. I
don't ever want to go through teacher burn out. Our inservices started
today. Kids Monday. I'm in the middle of trying to type up some of my great
lessons and putting them into a binder for each class.

Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School
Raymore Peculiar Schools, MO

-here's another one:
line Leonardo
shape sold
form funky
space sunglasses
color colored
value very
texture tacky.
We've used it on incoming freshmen. Hasn't been that great for us but might
work for someone else out there.
Is it just me or does anyone else start the new year trying to reinvent the
wheel (we are having inservice and a workday this week-classes start next
week)?
I get so many great ideas from this list and other sites and new books and
something I saw in a magazine...etc.,etc.
that I want to try them out each year to see if one of them will garner a
"wow" response from the kids. I teach high school. I guess I'm constantly
searching for that one hook that will draw (forgive the pun) the students
into loving art the way I do.
Hope yall are getting off to a great start this year!
Thanks to all for generosity on this list,
Nancy Gail Kizis in TX