Re: Complementary colors HELP!!!!

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 12:34:21 PDT

brendanian@comcast.net wrote:

> <snip> an exercise that I just cannot figure out
> what it is asking me to do... I just can't get through this sentence!!!
> "...In the following exercise, you should begin by placing any simple
> color next to its opposite (by that it means any pigment, any primary...?)
> The opposite color must contain no traces of the primary color found in
> the first of the complementaries which you have laid on...."

"Simple color" maybe means "primary color?" And "opposite color" means
"complementary color?" The two terms used are really terrible! I don't
think they are standard here or in Great Britain.

> white should be added to the darker hue of the combination in order that
> both hues can be recognized simultaneously....

It sounds like you place two complementary colors next to each other,
then add white to the darker one so they are approximately the same
value.

Whew...lotsa luck!

Maggie

---