Thank you all for your advice and support!

---------

From: Y.R. Brown (imaniyo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 11:01:47 PDT

Hi all,

I requested information from the artsednetters a few times this summer as I
transversed the job market. I had questions about salary negotiations,
dealing with principals that did not want to answer key questions about the
job and art in the school environment. I aksed the members of this list to
be advocates for themselves and art education and I even suggested a few
ways for us to get started.

At any rate with your support , humor and good ol'common sense I took a job
in Central Ohio in a suburban district, over a great salary in an urban
district. I felt that if folks could not engage in simple dialogue about
what I was committing time and energy to for at least a year, what was I
getting myself into...headaches, but aches and more.

I hope to share with you all my new adventures in the middle school.

I am also glad to have made some new contacts on this list that will push my
pedagogy, research and teaching forward.

Your truly,
Y.R.Brown