Re: first day of school

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 14:32:25 PDT

Our first week consists of 2 block days and 1 non-block. Since I don't like
to start any real assignments that first week (seems the students are never
in "school mode" until week 2) I thought one activity would be to share some
examples of Fred Babb's work, then brainstorm some Art Quote ideas with the
class. Students choose one and illustrate it. Or have them choose their
favorite artist and illustrate a quote in that artist's style.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Hey all! Our first day of school is a block day (2 hrs.). This doesn't
> make any since to me because the rest of the week (Thurs. & Fri.) are
> regular days (50 min.). This means that I will get per.2,4, 6 for 2 hrs.
> more than any of my other classes. So, I need to do something completely
> different with these kids that is not necessary for my other kids to do as
> well. I don't want those 3 classes to be ahead because it makes planning
so
> difficult and they will always be ahead. Any ideas for activities to do
on
> the first day (2 hrs. worth) that don't involve too much in the way of
> procedures, etc. Maybe a good intro. art project that can be completed in
2
> hrs.? Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks! Michelle

---