first day of school

---------

From: Michelle Molnar (mmolnar1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 07:01:50 PDT

Hey all! Our first day of school is a block day (2 hrs.). This doesn't
make any since to me because the rest of the week (Thurs. & Fri.) are
regular days (50 min.). This means that I will get per.2,4, 6 for 2 hrs.
more than any of my other classes. So, I need to do something completely
different with these kids that is not necessary for my other kids to do as
well. I don't want those 3 classes to be ahead because it makes planning so
difficult and they will always be ahead. Any ideas for activities to do on
the first day (2 hrs. worth) that don't involve too much in the way of
procedures, etc. Maybe a good intro. art project that can be completed in 2
hrs.? Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks! Michelle

---