Re: how to store portfolios???

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 18:44:09 PDT

I use 18x24 drawing paper folded in half, then laminated. We only tape
one end closed with packing tape so 2 sided are open. That way if we do
something larger than 12x18, it will go in it at least temporarily. We
don't do much that large though- not enough space in the room to work. I
use poster board that is a bit bigger than 18x24 to fold in half and
make a folder for each table. The tables (I have 6 tables, with 6 to 8
kids at each table) are labeled with a color and the table folder
matches the table color. The kids keep their portfolios in their table
folder. I have 6 big flat boxes (one for each class I teach- Middle
School) and the folders go in the box- the boxes go on shelves in my
cupboard. At the beginning of class I get out the box for that class.
They get the table folder out as they come in and then they all have
their portfolios. It works for us. I have about 200 students. Hope this helps.

Heather

brenda robson wrote:

> My students-200 of them will need a portfolio. A piece of poster board
> folded and stapled will work, but no place to put them.
> Any suggestions?

---