Re: Baldrige in the art room

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 13:43:29 PDT

Hi Ann,
In Indiana, it is PL221 ( Public law) It is mandated by the state and unless
your school has somehow gotten special waiver, I think you're supposed to be
doing it..It is a continuous improvement process, very much like Total Quality
Management (IMO). It does take time to learn the process, I think, but all
school districts should be doing their baseline docs. to hand into the state
either by this year or next. We finished ours ( just the baseline doc) last
year. Talk about stress.! Now we are all on various committees, trying to make
our documents look like they are supposed to.. The thing is, you can't just
say lets do this to raise scores, or whatever, you have to write strategies(
which can be one's opinion of what works..) and document ( Which we did before
in our PBA- remember that ?). But, having said all that, I have a
sister-in-law who teaches in another town in Indiana, and they are doing it
minimally.