Re: Batik--how to???

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 12:48:43 PDT

Sharon
I wasn't in on the original post, but here is a very easy batik idea I got from
KInderart a few years ago. I actually used it for my moderate CD kids, but ,
like any lesson you can modify to make to fit you age group. You simply have
students color on fabric ( I used canvas ( ligthweight) , color design with
waterbased markers, dip entire fabric in melted (large coffee can works well)
batik wax, crumble, cover with ink, dry and iron out wax on (LOTS) of newspaper.
Had lots of compliments on this one. So easy and looks great.
MaryB

sharon@art-rageous.net wrote:

> I guess I missed original posts on this so none of the bits and pieces are
> making sense!
>
> Would someone be willing to repost materials plus how-to's for an easy batik
> method?

---