Re: Baldrige in the art room

---------

From: Laura Carey (carey_l_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 11:03:14 PDT

Hi Irene,
 My impression of Baldrige is the same as Betsy's. Simply a management
system to record improvement and to implement change by collecting and
USING (big key) data. From what I have seen and been to classroom
teachers are putting more responsibility into the students hands.
 Search Baldrige in Education and you will find a few more sites with info
pertaining to education. My deal is that I am not sure how to apply to an
elementary art class that does not have standards (state mandates, etc.)
 Ohio has gone full force Baldrige now...The Ohio Department of Education
and even our Ohio Education Association is implementing Baldrige. It looks
as if it could work, but in my district it may fall apart at the top.
Good luck if it is coming your way. The good news is that it seems to take
a lot of time before it is fully implemented. But of course, me being as
out spoken as I am got stuck on a committee to learn about it and then
pass it on. Yuck!
Laura

---