Re: Baldrige in the art room

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 06:19:33 PDT

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, because although many in my district
have been trained in it, I have not- but, we are all supposed to be doing
this, ( public law now) it is using collected data to improve learning,
teaching, etc. The data identifies weaknesses or "opportunities for
improvement". The students keep track of their data. The school committees
also keep data on the overall school functions: ie, curriculum, instruction,
safety and discipline, leadership, are some of our school committees. It is
very time consuming, which of course means that other areas of the
instructional process suffer. Data Driven- the blueberry story comes to mind
here.( remember that post?)
Betsy