Re: scary! (clay dust help)

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 05:50:04 PDT

Excellent list of safety instructions. I am also a ceramics major and use
these rules in my classroom and studio. I have been doing ceramics since
1976 and have no related health issues. Enjoy your clay experiences, make
sure your environments are cleaned up daily with water, and share this
wonderful medium with your students. I also warn my students about
silicosis and that ensures that they take an interest in cleaning up
properly. I also warn them about this problem in future clay studio
situations...if it's ever a dust trap, they don't want to be there. In a
well run studio, this is not an issue.

---