Re: elements and principles

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 04:28:15 PDT

I teach the elements as 6- I put shape/form together.
The 8th graders make flip cubes- the ones that end up
with 6 different faces, and illustrate each face with
an element. They know them by heart then if they
haven't had my class already. For those who have had
my class previously, this is a good review.
My 6th graders memorize this sentence "Let's Share
Special Tasty Valentine Candy"- hokey, (they made it
up, not me) but it works.
When it comes to teaching the elements, I use the same
seven as most of you, but they are introduced as
problems for projects (showing pattern, movement, etc)

Jayna