Re: The be all end all of ELEMENTS & PRINCIPLES

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 01:03:04 PDT

After reading this line I agree totally of what has gone before, but feel
compelled to add our state program's variation.

The elements are simplified to - colour, line, shape and texture. Yes I
realise that there would be others that we all would include but here is the
huge difference. Our list of principles, also refered to as concepts of art
and design, includes: length, repetition, sequence, similarity and
difference, size, weight, categories, direction, movement, position, tone,
variation, balance, contrast, pattern, space, abstraction, composition,
depth, non-representation, proportion, representation and symbolism. As I
said, these are also refered to as concepts. The concepts and principles are
grouped together for us in our state syllabus as one. I must confess that I
do fine it strange that tone is grouped in the later category. I have
traditional thought of it as an element.

Justin

---