Re: The PERFECT ART TABLE

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 18:35:19 PDT

jtowle wrote:

> I am purchasing new tables for my room.
>
> So what do you all think about ART TABLES? What's the best kind of
> surface, height, size, brand, style, etc...

JT,

I finally got some new drafting tables last year. The perfect ones were
in the Sax catalog, and Judy Nagel gave me a very attractive bid (funny,
those were the ONLY tables that met my exact specifications for the
bidding process!). They have welded steel frames (meaning, the janitors
can't weaken the legs by dragging them across the floor--why can't they
just lift them, anyway?); laminate tops with the main section that lifts
up and a flat section for their supplies; enough space in the cubby
below the top for non-essential (and distracting) things like skater
catalogs. I like the flexibility of rearranging these 24 x 36 tables;
we can group them, pair them, separate them, arrange them diagonally, in
columns, in rows... I teach HS so like for the students to have their
own space for large drawings or paintings. With different group
arrangements, they can share supplies easily without getting in each
other's way.

Maggie

---