Re: scary!

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 02:43:27 PDT

on 8/8/02 10:55 PM, ROppecker@aol.com at ROppecker@aol.com wrote:

> ... I don't know if you have ever seen large
> quantities of this stuff but it so finely powdered that it literally hangs in
> the air if it is poured from one container to another or is stirred up in any
> way. I did not want to be alarmist in any way but safety in handling any fine
> powders is very important...Marvin Bartel has
> written a very good review of his 40+ years of responsible handling in the
> classroom of substances containing fine powders.

well, robert, now i see that there is sand and then there is sand. thank you
(and marvin too) for enlightening me.

so. is it ok to just throw those little packets that come in new shoes in
the trash or should i dispose of them in a special way. or should i not even
buy the shoes?!

linda in michigan

---