Re: scary!

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 14:52:39 PDT

on 8/8/02 9:19 AM, ROppecker@aol.com at ROppecker@aol.com wrote:

> Yes Linda. Silica is just sand. Exposure to fine particles of silica however
> are associated with the following rather unpleasant diseases:
> Tuberculosis,lung cancer, and silicoproteinosis. For more information on this
> see-<http://www.silicosisinfocenter.com/>

wow, robert! i wonder if OSHA knows about all the sand tables in
kindergardens across the land. according to the website you sent, the
dangers of silica exposure are an occupational hazard which to me means
regular and prolonged exposure. i can't remember the original post about
this but i don't think it qualified. as for me, i'm still going to the beach
every summer and take my chances. thanks for the warning though.

linda in michigan

---