Re: The PERFECT ART TABLE

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 17:42:09 PDT

At 02:25 PM 8/7/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I am purchasing new tables for my room.

I would keep "honesty of materials" uppermost in mind for good design.
Select plastic as plastic or wood as wood but NOT plastic that looks like
wood or marble. Avoid the fake stuff. The more clever and convincing it
gets, the more dishonest it gets. Children growing up in an environment of
pretense are being conditioned to excuse and rationalize fakery as quality
on the basis of a quality surface appearance while its heart is actually
plastic and/or sawdust.

See this link for more on this topic.
http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/housetor.html
Marvin