Re: David Hockney photo project

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 18:51:42 PDT

on 8/7/02 11:04 AM, Jhirunrtx@aol.com at Jhirunrtx@aol.com wrote:

> I love the photo idea. How many kids did it and where did you take the
> pictures? Janet

what i saw was one class's projects ready to hang when school started.
christine had done them the previous year and held them over the summer so
there would be something to put up for the beginning of school. then she was
transferred to another building and i was transferred to hers.
soooo, as i recall (not having actually seen her lesson plan) the kids found
something large enough that they could get the whole scene by shooting 4-5
overlapping pictures. one had a car. another was a group of kids clowning
around - that one had 3 overlapping pictures going horizontally and two more
top and bottom to capture arms and legs askew. i honestly don't remember any
others except that overall it was a really nice presentation. my impression
was they used throwaway cameras, divided into teams, and stayed near the
building to shoot.
hope that helps you!

---