Re: Elements and Principles

---------

From: Michelle Molnar (mmolnar1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 13:32:42 PDT

I break my HS kids into groups. Each group reads about a different element. Then I put them into new groups with noone from their original group. Each person in the new group teaches their group about their element. Then, I put them into new groups of 6- each person in the group numbers off 1-6. On the board I write an element corresponding with each number. Each person is given a sheet of paper and told to draw, paint, etc. part of an abstract landscape on the paper using their element. After a minute or so, they pass their paper to the right and their group member has to draw, etc. their own element on the paper. They keep rotating and at the end, there are 6 artworks. Abstract landscapes where they keep adding onto what the previous person did using the element they were assigned. We discuss them at the end as a class. The kids love this and it gets the point across. Hope this helps! -Michelle