Re: Elements and Principles

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 20:19:38 PDT

8

> I have thestudents review elements by scanning through our textbook (ARTALK). I then explain how I want them
to make an illustrated book that visually explains the elements. I motivate them be letting them know the books
will be sent to an art teacher in the early grades. This really motivates them to create colorful and
interesting books.

For principles, I have them cut out shapes from construction paper to illustrate the principles. For example,
they illustrate symmetrical balance in one small square, hen radial in another, etc. The cut paper projects
lends itself well to quickly determining if they understand the concept.

Linda Watson
Montgomery High

---