Re: New Teacher

---------

From: Eugenia Hess (jean1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 21:43:09 PDT

> in my case the kids
> generally know each other...it's just that i don't know them.

I am terrible with names too. One silly thing I started with first graders
which helps me a lot is a game called Stump the Teacher. When the kids are
lined up at the end of classtime, waiting for their teacher, we play this
game.

  I start at the head of the line and tell each child his or her name. If I
get stuck on a child's name, that child goes to the head of the line. They
love that part. Then I start all over again from the head of the line. I
get lots of practice repeating the children's names as I look into their
faces. It doesn't matter whether the game is finished or not, they just
want to Stump the Teacher.

Jeannie in PA

---