elements and principles.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 14:22:21 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Jude & Frank Grochowski" <jgrochowski@wi.rr.com>
> These are titled "Behind the Scenes" and I agree with Kevan-they are concept
> rich, entertaining and not too long to fit into a class period. The artists
> featured are: Robert Gil de Montes, Wayne Thiebaud, David Hockney, Nancy
> Graves, Carrie Mae Weems, Max Roach, Allen Toussaint, JoAnn Falletta, David
> Parsons and Julie Taymor.
> Jude
********************

These are good videos and my mid. school kids like them basically but they
DON'T cover all the P&Es by a long shot.

Gerald Brummer (I think I'm spelling it right) puts out two videos (one for
P's and one for E's) with a project for each. He explains while doing each
project how the element/principle is being re-enforced. There is also a
series of posters that go along with the videos explaining each element and
principle and giving examples. If you are planning on buying visuals, this
might be more of what you want. If you didn't have $$$ for both, I'd go for
the posters personally. Toodles....Bunki

---