Re: Stuart Davis & David Hockney

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 02:15:51 PDT

on 8/6/02 11:28 AM, DaynaB62@aol.com at DaynaB62@aol.com wrote:

Two of my 'table artists' this year are Stuart Davis and David Hockney

Any ideas on lessons...

a teacher in my district did a photo project w/ 4th grade using hockney's
panoramic photo montage of the grand canyon as the inspiration. the kids
took 4 or 5 pictures of a large subject and pieced them together on
matboard. they looked wonderful.

MANY years ago i wrote a detailed lesson plan for 4th grade inspired by
stuart davis. it was a collage lesson incorporating words from advertising
and/or packaging and also exploring jazz music as an inspiration as davis
did. i just looked it over and i could tell it was written before i had much
experience actually teaching!! but if you'd like to see it i could possibly
get up enough nerve to send it out with my name attached to it. i realized
afterward that the lesson might be geared more for a gifted group than the
kids i ended up with.

linda in michigan

---