screamer building question

---------

From: Susan and Ben (mckmac_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 20:22:25 PDT

Hi, I am just making an example for my 6th graders. We are making the
screamers that has been a popular book/project on this list. I was
wondering if I could substitute art paste for the Elmer's glue when we start
with the fabric? I am not sure if the art paste will be as strong and
flexible. I am also wondering if I can use different types of fabric or if
it really needs to be an old sheet? Any help will be appreciated... Thanks
in advance!
Susan

ps I just had an idea to have my students create an on going comic strip.
I am one of those teachers that has a five minute activity at the beginning
of class. In the past has been writing stories related to famous pictures,
writing comments to art related ideas, really quick drawing lessons related
to things be done in class or drawing a quick still life. this year I am
going to show them the graphic novel, "Road to Perdition" (the movie was
based on this comic strip!) and several other examples of where they might
go with their work. Then they can put a little energy into it each day and
also when they have free time if they finish a project early. I am
expecting this to be a big hit with my students.

---