Re: artsednet digest: August 05, 2002

---------

From: Jude & Frank Grochowski (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 08:10:53 PDT

These are titled "Behind the Scenes" and I agree with Kevan-they are concept
rich, entertaining and not too long to fit into a class period. The artists
featured are: Robert Gil de Montes, Wayne Thiebaud, David Hockney, Nancy
Graves, Carrie Mae Weems, Max Roach, Allen Toussaint, JoAnn Falletta, David
Parsons and Julie Taymor.
Jude

> I remember a series of videos that Penn and Teller (the comedy team),
> created that dealt with the elements and principles of art. The
individual
> videos were quite entertaining and reasonable in length so to be both a
very effective and informative teaching tool. They were also geared to a
wide age group and to the best of my recollection be used at multiple
levels.
> Unfortunately, I don't remember the title offhand, but if you are
interested
> I will do some digging.
>
> Kevan

---