Re: Stuart Davis & David Hockney

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 05:53:39 PDT

>Two of my 'table artists' this year are Stuart Davis and David Hockney
>
>Any ideas on lessons incorporating Davis' his unique use of symbols, color
>and shape for elementary students?

I did a lesson based on Stuart Davis work in 5th grade a few years back. I really loved it and I will try to remember the details. We based the lesson on jazz musical terms.These words were in our pictures. They made a paper collage of a city with flourescent paper or bright shocking colors. They incorporated the word that they choose into their picture.Some details were added with black sharpie.MJ