RE: web site organization

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 04:03:00 PDT

I've used backflip for quite a while, never received an e-mail from
them. Also I don't get much spam anyway Knock on wood - even though I've
been on line for years.

As far as files on the school computers - they don't belong to you. Many
schools reimage or ghost machines over the summer to get rid of all the
stuff people download and alterations they make to the machine. We are
told repeatedly to not save files to the computer but to the H drive
(translation to the server). Advantages they don't go away when the
machine is re-imaged, kids can't get to them as easily (password
protected), and you can access them from anywhere in the system. I still
don't trust our servers and do most of my stuff on my laptop, since I
have it at school I can save something to disk and then print it from my
school computer.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert