Re: Eric Carle's video......

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 22:52:24 PDT

I LOVE children's books and often share them with my high school students.
Last year I purchased "Bubba the Cowboy Prince" which is a take off of
Cinderella (and if you like take-offs, try "Dinorella"). It is impossible to
read Bubby without taking on that long slow stereotypical drawl. Right after
I got this book I took it to class and while my high school students were
working I began to read aloud. A couple kids asked why I was reading them a
kids book and I just asked them to humor me. The entire class was
enthralled! After that they would ask if I had any new picture books to
share. Kids of all ages love to be read to! :-)
~Michal

> bunki, when i taught HS 10 yrs ago i used to read dr suess books to my
kids
> on occasion and they liked them, i think, because the books were familiar.
> dr seuss does have that timeless appeal.

---