Re: web site organization

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 19:41:08 PDT

At 10:28 PM 8/5/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I use www.backflip.com to record all the web sites that I use. I have
>folders and sub folders with artists, etc.. I like this site because I
>can access this site from anywhere. I had hundreds of sites bookmarked
>on my school computer and over the summer "they" re-imaged and I lost
>everything. So now I use backflip.
> Jeryl
Wow, why would anybody deliberately delete files without warning the
teachers?
        I looked at the backflip.com site and they have some creative services. I
would hesitate to use them for fear of getting more e-mail spam. Others
may feel okay about getting the cookies and messages from them and others.
        So, what to do to keep computer files safe? Maybe others have other low
cost ideas. I do an occassional backup of all my stuff on a
KanguruPortable hard disk with a USB cord that plugs into any recent Mac or
Windows system. It is small enough to carry home, to the office, or any
place there is a computer, etc. The cost of the 40 GB disk with USB
connector is about $200. Zip drives are cheaper for those who do not need
much disk space.
        Marvin

---