Re: Eric Carle's video......

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 06:55:11 PDT

on 8/6/02 1:10 AM, Bunki Kramer at bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us wrote:
> A couple of you mentioned Eric Carle's video. It this obviously made for the
> elementary level or would it work at the secondary level?

bunki, when i taught HS 10 yrs ago i used to read dr suess books to my kids
on occasion and they liked them, i think, because the books were familiar.
dr seuss does have that timeless appeal. i think eric carle is the same. his
books all have simple lessons about life that it never hurts to be reminded
about. he addresses these ideas in the video. if your kids read eric carle
as children, they might enjoy "meeting" him on the video. he is just like a
loving grandfather. the part where he shows how he makes the papers is just
like any of us making anything we enjoy.
this video must be available at a good library so you could preview it or
maybe an elem teacher in your district owns it.

linda in mich

---