Found Art

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 09:41:59 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: K12> [Innovative-Teachers] Global Art Project
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:02:07 -0500
From: Gleason Sackmann <gsackmann@classroom.com>
To: NET-HAPPENINGS@LISTSERV.CLASSROOM.COM

From: AshleyShea [mailto:ashleyshea@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 4:13 PM
To: Innovative-Teachers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Innovative-Teachers] Global Art Project

I found a website recently that promotes a global art project. I
think it would be a cool project for students/classes, so I thought
I would post about it here.

The web address is http://www.found-art.com

In this project, people make small pieces of art and leave them
in the community for others to find. You can print out stickers
from the site to put on the art. The stickers tell the finder about
the project and direct them to the website where they can find out
about the artist.

Teachers can set up an account on Found Art for their classroom
(to protect student privacy). Students can make their art and put
the classroom user name on the art. When people find the art
and enter the classroom user name into the site, they will be
able to leave messages for the students.

I think students will get a real kick out of this! It gives them a new
place (other than the refrigerator) to "display" their art. And it will
teach them that doing something little like this can really bring
cheer to others.

Take care!
Ashley
Forwarded by: