Re: Eric Carle Materials

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 12:11:27 PDT

have you seen his video on how he creates the papers? i think the title is
"Eric Carle: Picture Writer" and the kids love to see how he makes his
papers and creates his stories and collages.
i have always used whatever paper was on hand and then i "iron" them in the
old dry mount press. this flattens out everything that is curled or wrinkly.
the press is one of my most indispensible pieces of equipment but they are
getting harder and harder to find since laminating machines took over. look
for one in your school basement.

linda in michigan

on 8/5/02 9:58 AM, Christine at cdsmiles99@mindspring.com wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could share their successes with recreating Eric
> Carle style collage... I've tried it and most papers curl, or the paint I
> use doesn't quite mimic the texture he achieves.

---