Re: Eric Carle Materials

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 21:19:27 PDT

For some reason I thought Eric Carle created his papers by applying tissue
paper to white paper and allowing the colors to bleed through. Is this
correct or was I mis-informed? Anyways, if you are going to use tissue paper
you have to make sure that it is the kind that does bleed. After applying
the tissue paper you can paint the whole thing with a coat of watered down
white glue to seal it.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I was wondering if anyone could share their successes with recreating Eric
> Carle style collage... I've tried it and most papers curl, or the paint I
> use doesn't quite mimic the texture he achieves.
> Thanks!

---