Re: kinders!

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 18:35:08 PDT

Some ideas that I tend to use every year for Kdg:

Lines that can be:
    Music -- listening to music (I like Strauss's "Gypsy Baron" overture --
has lots of variety), drawing with markers, then wetting some of the lines
with a wet paintbrush
    Sculptures -- they use twisteez wire and adorn with bits of paper tubes,
beads, etc. Emphasis on 3-D
    Movement -- different kinds of lines that move across their large
paper -- crayons seem to work the best for this
    Texture -- lines drawn carefully with markers (they take turns telling
others what kinds of lines to draw), then using Elmer's glue to carefully
trace over the lines. Following week rubbings are made over the textured
lines (along with spaghetti and string)
    Invitations -- 36" roll paper cut into 36 x 36 square, folded into 4
triangles. Each kid draws only on their triangle, but extends an occasional
line toward the fold as an "invitation" to their neighbor to draw their own
line from their triangle over to the fold, with cray-pas
    Wet -- watercolor on wet paper
    Dry -- watercolor lines on dry paper
    Footsteps -- outdoors on a snowy day -- they drag their feet thru the
snow to create line "drawings"

And then the ever-popular color mixing with play dough -- just 2 colors at a
time.

Liz in rural NY
menichino@infoblvd.net