Re: (about painting...long) kinders!

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 05:54:04 PDT

on 8/4/02 8:04 AM, menichino at menichino@infoblvd.net wrote:

> Makes sense to me -- thanks! I, sadly, will not be teaching kdg this
> year -- they've decided to give them an extra libray period instead of a
> special art class. The feeling is that their literacy skills are so low
> (many haven't ever been read to at home, don't know which way to hold a
> book!) the extra library time may help. Arrgghh!
> Liz in rural NY

this is really too bad. if they were in art they could MAKE books, draw and
paint in them, and learn more from that experience in a day or two than in
weeks of sitting still and listening to the librarian read. i just finished
a 3 day conference on prevention of early learning failure...preschool and
kinders need the experience of DOING!

---