first days of school activities

---------

From: Michelle Molnar (mmolnar1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 08:52:12 PDT

  Hi all! I always have a hard time coming up with interesting activities for the first couple days of school. I teach High School and most of the teachers go over the syllabus the first couple of days. Because students are changing their schedules so much the first week and they are getting it in all of their other classes, I want to do something different. Plus, I think it is more effective to incorporate the procedures and rules into the activities rather than just reviewing the syllabus together- which we will do a bit later on... What activities do you all do the first few days of school? Do you have any icebreakers that you like? Any icebreakers involving art? I want to do some art activities to get them jazzed for the year but also allow me to get to know them better- short ones (2 hrs. or less). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

---