Re: First Five Minutes of Class

---------

From: Michelle Molnar (mmolnar1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 08:39:51 PDT

In my district, all teachers do what we call bellwork the first few minutes of class. Usually, the bellwork will be part of the anticipatory set for the day or review questions from the day before. The students know that they are to do bellwork as soon as they come into the room. While they are doing that, I take attendance and then walk around and stamp each students work. Each bellwork is worth 5 pts. and they turn it in later. I teach HS, but all levels at our district do bellwork. I couldn't imagine not having it.