Re: E-mail fraud!Warning to our group!, etc.

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 07:51:00 PDT

L.I. Susan, and all --
My husband showed me how to check an email without opening it up -- perhaps
it's a well-known thing, but I do it to check an email if I'm not sure of
its source or its content -- We have Outlook Express. While it's still in
my inbox, I right-click on the email. This brings up a menu box, at the
bottom of which is "properties". I click on that (left click, I think!) and
a box pops up which has tabs for general information and details. I click
on details and then "message source". It will usually show the text of the
message somewhere in there. I can see who else the email has been sent to
and if I don't recognize anything about it I'll dump it. After checking it
out, if it's a "good" one it still looks like it has't been opened in my
inbox (so, I assume that it hasn't been able to go anywhere to infect
anything .. yes, I'm naive...) Not sure if this would help if it looks like
it comes from someone you know (like your email "from" Sharon....
Liz in rural NY
menichino@infoblvd.net
P.S., Susan, where do you find out info about the workshops you attend
during the summer? They sound wonderful!!